PRIMARY FIXED POINT
Fixed point cells are the most accurate devices available for defining a temperature scale. Fixed point cells are designed to realize the liquid-solid equilibrium temperatures of certain high purity metal elements, for calibration of thermometers at ITS-90 fixed points.
Typically, only national metrological institutes provide such kind of calibration facilities, however FARE Labs also has the primary fixed point calibration facility.
We Calibrate SPRTs and other Precision Resistance Thermometers by fixed point cells at the following points:
- Liquid Nitrogen (-196.075 °C)
- Triple Point of Water (0.01°C)
- Freezing Point of Gallium (29.7646°C)
- Freezing Point of Tin (231.928°C)
- Freezing Point of Zinc (419.527°C)
- Freezing Point of Aluminium(660.323°C)